Sunday 8 July 2018

Great service yesterday up in the mountains

This Saturday evening's service at Matureia up in the mountains, near the highest point in the State of Paraíba, was right up there in clouds of blessing. The service was electric! I preached and the Patos band led the praise. The church was packed out with standing room only for many. Afterwards Liz and I stayed till late chatting to local leaders, giving some advice and discussing the work of the Lord. It was sweet fellowship.


Tonight I will be preaching again but this time back down at a lower altitude in Patos. I will be preaching on John 15 where Jesus said, "I am the true vine" - with initial emphasis on the "I am" going on to a second stage regarding the "true vine" to whom Christians must be linked, get pruned, produce grapes (not sour ones!) or else be disposed of.

This Tuesday I am expecting the visit of a Tearfund team at Green Pastures and then I'll be speaking at the ex-landless community not far from there on the Friday and at João Pessoa on the Saturday. May the Lord be glorified in everything and bless you wherever you are this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment