Saturday 3 March 2018

Jesus is the Door and the Shepherd

The above title is the title of my sermon tomorrow in the Patos church based on John 10. I finished preparing the message this morning. I will endeavour to present the context from John 9 (the healing of the man born blind) and the ensuing flack from the Pharisees as usual, which takes us into Jesus's words in John 10. There Jesus declares that "the man who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber (the Pharisees?). The man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep (Jesus)... I am the gate for the sheep... I am the good shepherd". It is a great passage of Scripture and I am ready to roll and preach it!

Yesterday at Green Pastures I saw how the revamping of toilets (normal + special access) are progressing well.

It is good to see a new church plant at Jurema village in Tavares County getting started. There is no Gospel witness in this place and the challenge is great.

I have been preparing for the new anti-drug project training which will happen from next Thursday to Saturday. Then following that on the Sunday I'll be dedicating baby Daniel. This Sunday is the monthly communion service. Then on the Sunday two weeks from now (18th) will be the Desert Flower Project special service when some of the rough diamonds from the project will be present to sell their hand made produce after the service.It will be wonderful to thus get these women into church and I will be preparing a special appropriate Gospel message for that night. Please pray.

Rainfall is now up to 19.3 inches at Green Pastures this year. PTL! Please keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment