Tuesday 31 October 2017

Counselling & Community Meetings

My plan for yesterday was to concentrate on preparing my message for the Green Pastures church on Saturday and for the Patos church this Sunday. However things often don't work according to plan.

First of all a community leader asked for a meeting in my office to discuss the state of the Patos River Espinharas which is polluted and in a terrible state. I have long been campaigning about this.

Then came a series of eventually three people from the church for counselling, which took up most of the morning and afternoon. Eventually I got to working on my message for Saturday and press on today with this and my Sunday message.

However this afternoon I will drive Liz back to the coast (4 to 4.5 hours) to see her cataract surgeon first thing in the morning. Thankfully Liz is doing very well and I am sure her doctor will be thrilled with what she sees as Liz's operated eye looks perfect - and after all I put the drop in every three hours so have monitored it closely since surgery last Thursday. I hope the surgeon will set the date to do the other eye tomorrow. It will be nice for Liz to get it all done. We hope to travel back to Patos tomorrow latish. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment