Saturday 12 August 2017

One & a half kilometers

Thursday evening's Bible study was again given by Liz this week. In the build up for the 500th anniversary of the reformation on October 31st we are focusing on this at the moment and the studies are being a blessing and a challenge.

I finished preparing my sermon for Sunday on Thursday and did some rounding off yesterday. This Sunday is Father's Day in Brazil and I never find it easy to prepare messages for this and Mother's Day in May as I much prefer doing straight exposition of the Bible, but in this culture one has to do these things. The challenge is to say something relevant and important to the fathers which is also relevant to everyone else. This I have endeavoured to do, but I don't feel entirely good about it. I value your prayers.

Yesterday I walked slowly at Green Pastures, but I did walk a total of one and a half kilometers which was great. I know the exact distance as all the walks there I have measured exactly with GPS. I experimented with the wide-angle feature on my iPhone which my grandson Arthur taught me existed! Here are a couple of examples: first of all the lake (which is full of fish) and then 2 native trees (now rescued from the Neem tree invasion!).



No comments:

Post a Comment