Monday 17 April 2017

Easter Family Break

Amidst all the church activities over Easter we managed to fit in our traditional family break at Green Pastures. I went alone on Wednesday night because everyone else was scared of getting stuck on the earth road - but my jeep has 4-wheel drive so goes anywhere. I arrived there to a power cut but all was fine. I layed on the veranda in a hammock in the moonlight and rain (half and inch). We have now had 31.5 inches of rain this rainy season which is far more than most places.

I was up at 4.20 am on Thursday morning and set off walking for 4.5 hours. Wonderful! My boots and jeans were soaked up to the knees from the overnight rain. During my walk Liz arrived with lots of family members and by lunch time we had a good crowd. My nephew and his wife and Liz's neice and her family arrived later and eventually we had 31 present adding up kids, spouses, grandkids, neices and nephews! Things have developed from 50 years ago this Easter when Liz and I started going out together!

We had a lovely relaxing family time with cricket, table tennis, walking, swimming, eating, chatting, Easter egg hunting, praying together etc. Really wonderful! We were back in Patos on Saturday night all ready for the big day in church on Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment