Tuesday 28 March 2017

Marian has flown!

We had a nice couple of days in Natal taking Marian Rashleigh to see the largest Cashew Nut tree in the world (absolutely ginormous!) and Liz got in a bit of beach. Then on Thursday we took Marian to the airport for her flight back to the UK. Liz and I slept the night in Natal and returned to Patos on the Friday, calling in at Green Pastures on the way for a flying visit. 

On Saturday I prepared my sermon for Sunday and this went very well. The service on Sunday was excellent. The drama group also presented a 5 minute piece which was brilliant with great impact.

Yesterday I had a Bible College meeting. Times are hard at the College. Please pray. 

Today I have been interviewed by a journalist concerning the work of EAB/ACEV and concerning Green Pastures. Our educational work concerning the environment is causing great impact here. PTL! Tomorrow another school group is going there and on Thursday I am giving a talk to our own school kids at the Green Pastures School who are to be joined for the event by a neighbouring rural school.

At Green Pastures we are planting lots more native tree seedlings with the rains and are very encouraged by the improved survival rate of seedlings planted in 2016 as opposed to a lower rate from 2015. This was partly due to better rains in 2016 compared with 2015, and because of improved techniques in caring for the seedlings which come with experience.

I went to the dermatologist today to sort out my usual skin fungi problems caused by my heavy perspiration as I walk so much in the hot sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment