Thursday 9 February 2017

Busy Week (as usual)

Sunday's service was great and my sermon on the New Birth went very well. 2 decisions at the end. PTL!

All week there have been a mass of administrative demands from all angles and places in the work. Either by fixed phone or mobile phone or WhatsApp or Facebook - never a dull moment. Some are problems to solve and others are blessings to share.

I had a good meeting with a County Councillor and the secretaries of Agriculture and Education of São Mamede where Green Pastures is situated. Very good meeting with the Council wanting us to expand our school work there in partnership with the Council. I also took the opportunity to complain about the rubbish tip not far from Green Pastures.

I also have had a meeting with the Mayor of Matureia County and the Secretary for the Environment. This is the County where the Jabre Peak is, which we are fighting to save. It was a very good meeting. I will be speaking at our church in Matureia on Saturday and I understand that many authorities will be there. Please pray. The pastor there who is not well has had a brain MRI and thyroid tests for which we await results.

Tomorrow I will be speaking at the new plantation/organic horticulture + 4 Legs + 2 Wings projects' official inauguration in São Mamede 6 km from Green Pastures. Today I made a quick visit to Teixeira in the mountains.

We continue to be in desperate need of rain in our region. 

Sunday I will be continuing my series of sermons in John's Gospel - sermon number - 9 - and I value your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment