Monday 23 January 2017

Great 10-day Outreach!

I preached at the 10-day Outreach final public service on Saturday, as I do every year, and all went very well. This is the 17th year we've done this consecutively and it was my idea in the first place - so it's a great joy to see things going well with the team up by a third in size and folk were talking about getting up to a 100 in the team next year from this year's 80. PTL! The team was united and blessed. The RC church is in general terms no longer the challenge at these event but rather the "evangelical" lunatic fringe which is actually more than a fringe in Brazil! A great concern for all serious evangelical leaders. Anyway the Outreach bore fruit and I await final statistics which I will pass on, but I know some did make real commitments to Christ.


We got back very late of course on Saturday night but were in church in Patos as normal. The sermon this Sunday was especially blessed: "Water into Wine"! The 6th sermon in the John's Gospel series.

This Saturday I'll be conducting another wedding - this time at Itaporanga. The leader of our Old Cow Pen church - Tica - is marrying Ramos from João Pessoa. A mature wedding! Then of course we'll be back in Patos again on Sunday.

The authorities have at last started to sort things out at Jabre Peak and did a major clean up of both domestic and industrial rubbish there. PTL! I was interviewed about it on TV and radio today.

No comments:

Post a Comment