Wednesday 14 December 2016

Good weekend but frustrating journey

We had a good weekend - starting with Bia's "graduation" from ABC School - she now goes into year 1. There was a lovely party for the kids held by the school which of course all the family went to.

On Saturday it was Luis's 1st birthday so it was over to Philip's house for a little party. On Sunday was his sister Louisa's 17th birthday. The service at night went very well with a packed church as always these days. It was "Bible Day" so I preached about the Bible and its importance.

On Monday Liz and I travelled to the coast to João Pessoa to be there bright and early for 2 routine doctor's check-up appointments. Infuriatingly both doctors made no-shows so we drove all the way back to Patos yesterday afternoon/evening having driven for hours each way for nothing!

Today I went to Green Pastures in the morning and this afternoon with had a little party for Lynn's 40th birthday (see photo below). Philip will give the Bible Study tomorrow and I am preparing for Sunday. I will be going to inaugurate a new playground facility at our rural "Glória" church in Imaculada County. On top of all these activities I have a list a mile long of issues I have to deal with linked to EAB/ACEV churches and projects as well as EAB itself. It is a busy life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment