Friday 18 November 2016

Goaty Morning!

I love preaching the Gospel and I love practising the Gospel. I'm not perfect at either, but I'm working on both! This morning was one of those lovely mornings where I was able to serve a bit in practical ways in a community where I've preached a lot.

Last year EAB received funds from Larbert Pentecostal Church's Sunday School with which we supplied a goat to a very poor family. The goat's milk helped Francisco and Mirele feed their little boy Paulo Silas until one day the goat became sick. The Vet's endeavours were to no avail and eventually the goat died. Now the family has grown and they also have another little boy called Josué - but no goat milk! Hence EAB stepped in and donated a new goat with two female kids. Granddad Paulo is in the photo helping out as his son was at work. The family was overjoyed to receive another goat.


I then went on to give a food hamper to an unbelievably needy family of 11 kids where Dad cares for all as Mum has switched husbands. Dad wasn't in but I left the hamper with the children who were.


Whilst in the community I checked over the well EAB/ACEV has drilled there. It supplies piped water to 22 homes, regularly supplies water to another 5 homes and supplies another 10 homes when the droughts are at their peaks like now. Hence this well provides water for 37 homes and about 260 people. Thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment