Wednesday 19 October 2016

A non-stop week

A week ago today was Children's Day in Brazil so we held a big event and service for the children in the church which went very well indeed. Many of the EAB/ACEV churches did similar events and activities.

On Thursday it was Bible study night and that went off fine. I also had a good meeting with our deaf pastor and also chaired a meeting of the Jabre Peak campaign leadership team. On Friday I took part in the EAB UK Board meeting via Skype and that went very well. I had my hair cut at some point amongst all this - which made me feel quite light headed!

On Saturday the EAB annual Celebration was held near Southampton and we took part via a video which you can see here: https://www.wevideo.com/view/752525439 . The service went well I hear with about 50 people present. Pastor Michael Rollo from Scotland was the speaker. On the same day we travelled to preach at Manaíra together with the Church band.That was a real blessing with hundreds gathering in a great street meeting to hear the Gospel.

In Patos on Sunday was the communion service and did we have a packed church. Wow! Fantastic.

On Monday I chaired another public meeting in defense of Jabre Peak and on Tuesday I went to Green Pastures. When I got back from there I went to visit a pastor from another denomination who is 82 and broke his thigh in a fall at home. I am trying to help him get his surgery done in the hospital and had it all sorted today - but the operation had to be cancelled at the last minute as the brother went and drunk loads of water! Oh dear!

Today I have had a Skype meeting with leadership with the Christian environmental organization 'A Rocha' and planned some activities together for next year. I am now preparing this Thursday's Bible study. On Saturday I will be interviewed on the Roman Catholic radio station. Times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment