Wednesday 21 September 2016

Fire seems to be out!

The disastrous forest fire at Jabre Peak finally seems to have been extinguished today, having started last Friday, but we will have to still be wary tomorrow before we can say anything definite. It does now sadly seem that some of the fires, if not all, were arson. Unbelievable!

Last Sunday's baptism was great with Philip baptizing 7 and 2 others were received into fellowship. I preached on baptism too. It was a lovely service.


I interviewed a couple getting married last night. The wedding is this Friday and I have prepared the ceremony today.

I was asked to go and speak to a College about the environment today and that went well. In the morning I will have a coach load of 6 year olds (including granddaughter Bia) at Green Pastures to visit the Nature Reserve. At night I'll be leading the Bible study.

On Saturday I'll be preaching at Ibiara on Saturday and then preaching back in Patos on the Sunday.

On Monday it was grandson John David's (photo below) 15th birthday so we had the traditional cake and pop drink late afternoon. Philip is down with the flu, his son Lucas has broken his arm and his other son Luis has Chicken-pox so it's all happening! Your prayers are valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment