Thursday 19 May 2016

Hectic build-up to Field Conference

When I went to Green Pastures on Tuesday I told Tarcísio I hoped to be back on Thursday (today) but left everything sorted there in case I couldn't make it, as I have plenty of experience in the build up to our Field Conferences and know what they're like. Sure enough I didn't make it as I have been flat out with work.

Part of yesterday and today I spent preparing my sermon for Sunday in Patos after the Conference. I finished that this afternoon prior to having a little party for grandson Lucas on his 9th birthday. Such parties for our family last 15 minutes as we have no more time available. He is growing up to being a lovely lad.

Many other things have cropped up in the build up for the Conference as always happens. I have been utterly swamped out. Issues arose that needed attention prior to the Conference and I needed to check different reports in preparation too. It is funny as people contact me with things as if I am sitting twiddling my thumbs. Anyway it is all in a good cause and I am looking forward to the event which will be intense work throughout Friday and Saturday. It is such a shame that Liz won't be able to be there as it is just not viable. I will miss her by my side as we work so well together and she helps me a lot with tense and complicated issues that arise. I value everyone's prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment