Wednesday 6 April 2016

Non-stop variety

Our work is varied and one never knows what is going to happen in any given day. I am senior pastor of the EAB/ACEV headquarters church at Patos and will soon have Philip officially as assistant pastor, which has already been in practice for a long time. However as chairman of both the EAB/ACEV churches and projects it means masses of other things have to be sorted, prayed on and worked on every day!

Yesterday I sorted out, for example, some financial help for two of our workers in difficulty - but to get to that decision one has to go through a long process of email and phone consultations with the Board of leaders who are spread all over Paraíba.

I also checked some more stuff done for Action Child by Sacha, had discussions with the new Patos local TV about a possible regular EAB/ACEV weekly programme, and discussed issues raised by different church leaders. I also did more preparation for the Field Conference next month and did more work on ACEV's history which is a new book I am writing.

Liz also had a massively long counselling session with someone in need and I had to handle a surprise consultation from a church member and nurse who seems set to be a candidate for Town Councillor in the October local elections!

Hence we always value your prayers as we never know what each new day will bring us! 

By the way - the social action day with the battered wives (I don't use this term on facebook which could be read by them) was reported on by Patos TV and I will post it here once I have received a link to it's you-tube version, removed from the whole half hour new bulletin. It's in Portuguese of course, but the report is good and the visuals speak for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment