Thursday 17 March 2016

Eye eye!

Liz and I had eye check ups today. I am fine but Liz will have to have a cataract removed within the next couple of years the doctor said.

I did a short interview for TV this afternoon about Easter. I gave them the simple Gospel very straight and joyfully as all the catholic leaders want to talk about are the ceremonies, processions and customs deemed to be vital to Easter which in fact divert attention from the fact that Jesus is alive!

This afternoon it has started to rain in Patos. It's a steady gentle rain. I just hope and pray that this is the start of big rains to change the dramatic water shortages the whole region is facing. I don't know how the rain is at Green Pastures but hope to go there and see in the morning. I am feeling steadily better.

Liz took part in the work with the ladies (battered wives) today and she says it was lovely to see their love and appreciation for the project in their community teaching them income generating skills. Some said to Liz that they just live for the project as it is giving them hope of better days. There are over 40 women in the project who mostly turn up with their kids making quite a crowd! We need to buy fans to cool the crowd down and little tables and chairs for the kids when we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment