Saturday 19 December 2015

Nutshell, Sermon, Marriage blessing and Arrivals

I have worked flat out today - first of all producing the new style EAB Nutshell Update and dispatching it. I hope everyone liked it? Certainly it is smarter as far as I am concerned.

I then prepared my sermon for tomorrow in Patos: "The Light is Jesus" - a Christmas message whose title rhymes better in Portuguese!

I now am preparing a wedding blessing for the service too. This is for a couple who this week did their civil marriage separately before the judge and now want a blessing in church. Normally I do weddings in church with the civil legal part built in as allowed by Brazilian law. I was the first pastor to fight for this right in Patos about 40 years ago!

Tonight Philip, Gylmara, Lucas and new baby Luis have arrived in Patos so that is nice. The baby is gorgeous and has lots of dark hair. Louisa, who has been staying with us, is of course particularly happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment