Saturday 20 June 2015

Wedding

I'm off to do a wedding in a couple of hours and Louisa (bless her heart) is going to do the songs accompanied by her boyfriend Tiago. This couple are my great supporters in the mid-week meetings when Philip is away as Sacha works in the evenings. Louisa always is there. A chip off the old block! The wedding isn't even anyone from the church but the groom is a brother of a deaconess - so out of consideration for her I accepted the wedding on top of everything else I have on.

I finished preparing my sermon this morning for tomorrow in Patos. It's sermon 6 in my series in Mark's Gospel and talks about the Call of Matthew: 1. The challenge of the Call (after all he was giving up a lot more than the fishermen!). 2. The Grace of God in the Call (traitor to apostle!). 3. The Cure of the Call (the best doctor at work!). - For a small fee I'd let my friend Michael Rollo borrow these 3 points!!

Baby granddaughter Amanda Ivy is steadily improving. PTL! She had her weekly weigh-in yesterday with the paediatrician's and is over 2.7kg now and should reach 3 kg at next Friday's visit calculating by the rate of daily weight increase she is now into. We are very happy. Thanks for your prayers and please keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment