Monday 22 June 2015

I won the pizza, but Louisa & Tiago ate it!

Saturday night's wedding went off lovely. I conducted the wedding held in a new restaurant's party area made for these sort of events and my loyal granddaughter Louisa sang beautifully accompanied by her boyfriend Tiago. Normally at these events Philip and I have a private guess as to what time the bride will actually be at the entrance to the church or whatever, to start the proceedings. Whoever gets nearest is bought a pizza by the other! 

Well... as Philip is in India I challenged Louisa and Tiago to maintain the tradition as of course the bride never turns up on time! For the 7.30 kick-off Tiago (inexperienced in the field!) went for 8.10, I went for 8.30 and Louisa for 9.00. The bride was ready to roll at 8.35 (a mere one hour and five minutes late!) so I was nearest and won the pizza. However as Louisa sang so well I paid for her and her boyfriend to go and have a pizza together after the wedding!

The service this Sunday night in Patos was great. Liz brought a great spontaneous word early in the service which set the tone for the rest. PTL! The worship was good, the church was full and into overflow mode, the sermon went great and one decision was made at the end. I also dedicated a little child - Miguel. You can see the child and family with me below.



No comments:

Post a Comment