Tuesday 9 June 2015

Communion

The communion service on Sunday went particularly well - especially the sermon - because it was a sermon with a difference. I asked the church to give me the words that come to their minds at a breaking of bread service and preached on the spot on the 13 words they gave me plus one which I added. It was a risky thing to do as it might have not taken off - but it did! PTL! Some people gave rave reviews afterwards and said it was the best communion service in years! The words the church gave me were Love, Pact, the Blood of Jesus, Gratitude, Salvation, Last supper, Forgiveness, Communion, Reconciliation, Hope, Commitment, the return of Christ, Worship - and I added the Cross.

Yesterday (Monday) we had a special thanksgiving service for the graduation of a young woman in our church who has just become a physiotherapist. These events are always great opportunities to share the Gospel with people who do not usually come to church. There were at least 50 people there on a Monday night who I had never seen before. PTL!

Tonight we have a Patos church leadership meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment