Saturday 30 May 2015

This was the day!

FA Cup final day, FA Amature Cup final and Wimbledon final day were the three days as a lad that I was allowed to watch sport on TV! TV, for my fundamentalist dear old Dad, was tabu, so we sneaked into our neighbour Mrs. Wheeler's ground floor flat in Highlever Road, North Kensingston, and watched on black and white TV. The FA Amature Cup was important because my Mum's home town of Bishop Auckland won it three times in the 1950s

So today I'll cheer for the underdogs in both English and Scottish FA Cups - Aston Villa and Falkirk!

My sermon is all ready for tomorrow in Patos. I will be preaching on Mark 1:40-45 about the purification of a leper who probably wasn't a leper! This is the 4th sermon in my series going through Mark's Gospel. 

Liz, Lynn, Hutan & Amanda have just left João Pessoa gratefully, so they should be in Patos this afternoon. Now this IS good news! PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment