Wednesday 22 April 2015

As usual a hectic week

Today I have worked flat out preparing my sermon for Saturday when I will be ministering at the Princesa Isabel branch church in the borough of Maia to the south of the town. I was asked to preach on "If God is for us who can be against us"? I am not sure what they are expecting asking for this but I have spent since early this morning working flat out so as to be able to expound what Paul is saying and to get the context I felt I had to give a flying overview of all the earlier chapers. It was hard work but satisfying. May the Lord bless it. The P&W group will also be going on Saturday minus Philip who will be on his way back from India.

Good news today from Ben Price is that his wife's visa has finally been sorted today so she will be able to join him and the kids in the UK next week. (DV) Ben says his mum's health is stable.

I worked lots on Monday and Tuesday on the Field Conference to be held next month as we have a preparatory leadership meeting for this on Friday. This is a lot of work. Philip sent me from India the electronic forms the churches have to fill in for the conference so I have sent these to all our church leaders.

The married couples' ministry had a nice day at Green Pastures yesterday.

I have also been sorting out one or two church problems - not in Patos but in other places. I have also been working on things linked to next January's 10-day evangelistic outreach.

No comments:

Post a Comment