Monday 20 April 2015

A Great Weekend!

Liz and I left straight after lunch last Friday and travelled up the Teixeira mountain and then along the ondulating mountain ridge to the end of Paraíba at Manaíra. There we called in to see the local EAB/ACEV pastor Francinaldo and his wife Carla. From there we travelled to Mandacaru arriving there about 4.30pm for the church opening service that evening. 


The little church was all spick and span ready for the service and I had a nice chat to the local leader Sitônio (to my left) and Pastor Valdemy and his brother Valdemar who are from the mother church at Caroá. Liz was soon involved with the local kids and having a good old chin-wag too.


The service went off beautifully with both Liz and I speaking. It was a great night. We decided to sleep the night at Caroá and with the heavy rains they've had there the road was the worst ever! It was 4-wheel drive all the way and taking great care - but we made it.

We visited the sick during the day at Manaíra on the Saturday and then travelled in the evening to Tavares for the opening of another church - this time a much larger one as this was in a town. This too was a blessed joyful service at which I also preached. We travelled back to Patos late at night as we had a full day yesterday ahead of us back in Patos. I even had to finish off the preparation of my Patos Sunday sermon on Sunday morning so I was pretty tired by the time I got into church last night, but all went very well. PTL!

It was a very tiring weekend with much ministry and travelling - but the Lord blessed us abundantly. Thank you for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment