Monday 2 March 2015

A Good Weekend

Liz and I received the visit of 2 university professors from Recife this weekend at Green Pastures. Both are biologists (PhD & MSc). We knew Ana Carolina years ago prior to her going to Durham University for her master's degree. Her husband we knew less previously. He is an ornithologist. They brought their 10-year old daughter with them so we took granddaughter Alice and Bia to play with her. It was a lovely weekend and I learnt so much from a professional ornithologist. They loved Green Pastures.

We were back in church for Sunday in Patos and the Communion service was greatly blessed. The sermon went well and at the end three people made commitments to Christ and another three re-dedicated their lives to the Lord. The church is so full these days always. It's lovely.

Today I have worked on a number of ACEV administrative issues and also have sent out the proposed itinerary for our trip to the UK which I will post separately. Ben & Miriam Price have been in today from Ibiara so it was nice to see them again.

I need to prepare for a wedding on Saturday which I am conducting at a place between Campina Grande and João Pessoa. It is Josinete's eldest son who is getting married. I also need to prepare the Bible study for Thursday and my sermon for Sunday as it's a busy week again for sure. We value your prayers always.

No comments:

Post a Comment