Sunday 2 November 2014

Back from the mountains

Liz and I have travelled back down the mountains this morning on "the day of the dead" as November 2nd is called here, having preached at the Princesa Isabel 74th annual celebration last night which went very well. I must admit that it wasn't easy with my dear friend Pastor Manoel Jorge not their having received his homecall 4 months ago to the day. It was just odd... I almost felt myself looking for him at times... but I didn't disclose my emotions not to charge an already difficult first anniversary service without him, who had led the church for 40 years!

The service went quite well and my sermon really went well. It was good to see an immediate result to the sermon with someone deciding to get baptized today as a direct result of what I preached. That was nice.

After the service I had a meeting with all the folk who were there from Manaíra county about the church plant we are endeavouring to persist with, despite difficulties, at Santa Cruz in the State of Pernambuco. This is about 17 miles south of the town of Manaíra just over the border. I heard that the folk were rather discouraged with the hard time they are having there with no results to date. So I called them all together and we had a great meeting from which I felt they all left with renewed hope and belief. Please pray for this pioneer venture of faith.

Liz and I slept at the little rustic boarding house we usually stay at at Princesa Isabel last night. We were very tired and it's safer than driving home very late. We had breakfast there and left for Patos about 8am arriving here about 10am. Now I need to get ready for tonight's service in Patos. Philip led the Sunday School this morning in our absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment