Friday 29 August 2014

The weekend ahead

Last night's Bible Study went well in the Patos church and you can see the group that was present below. The service was tinged with sadness at the prayer time when news came through that a couple from the church in their 40s had lost their longed for baby when a medical examination showed the foetus to be without a heartbeat. Please pray for this family.


This weekend sees me facing a wide variety of demands/events which I will need to go to. This Friday night I am invited to go to the inaugural lesson of the Patos School of Medicine (FIP) where Dr. Paula (ex-EAB Care Centre doctor) is the coordinator. So I will need to dress up posh for this event and have bought a new suit for the occasion, as my old suits are all gigantically too big after all the weight I have lost! The Patos School of Medicine is an important step forward for the town and region as I definitely feel it will bring progress and higher medical care standards with it. All we need is for doctors to be more human (sensitive / caring) in their work as Dr. Paula always has been. She is an ideal person to coordinate the course.

Then tomorrow I am invited to an internet company's inauguration in Patos which I will go to as the owners are friends. During the day men will be installing a small water fountain at Green Pastures for the wildlife. The fountain I received as the best Father's Day present in years! Far better than socks!

Amidst all this I need to polish up my sermon for this Sunday in the Patos church. Prior to me preaching our deaf pastor Luiz Carlos will preach so it will be a case of two shortish sermons rather than one long one. Your prayers are valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment