Saturday 23 August 2014

Background information

With this new blog location I take the opportunity to mention some background information for friends old and new:

  • I was born in London (see my book - "Notting Hill to Brazil").
  • I will have been married to Liz (mainly known in Brazil as Betinha) for 45 years in November.
  • My studies included a missions course at IBTI, a diploma in TESOL at Leicester University, a degree in theology at LST and an MA at Leeds University.
  • I have lived in Brazil (where Liz was born) for 42 years and am a naturalized Brazilian, as well as having been given honorary citizenship of the State of Paraíba + 4 towns (Patos, Manaíra, São Mamede and Imaculada).
  • I am a keen amature ornithologist, photographer and environmentalist - receiving an award for my work with nature from the State Legislature.
  • Liz and I are directors of EAB (www.eabrazil.com) and I am chairman of ACEV Brasil (www.acevbrasil.org.br) and pastor of its local church in Patos (PB).
  • I am a Rotarian, a member of the Patos "think-tank", founder of the Patos and Region's interdenominational Ministers Fellowship and Bible College as well as the Patos Cultura Inglesa TESOL School.
  • We run the Green Pastures Christian Conference Centre and Nature Reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment